Pages

Monday, April 8, 2024

Sorry, guys

I think this is on me.  Evidently the heavens did not want to see any of our perineums, and took drastic measures to prevent it...



But seriously...Am I the only one who feels unusually disappointed?  And also feeling weird for feeling disappointed?  Is it about feeling like I've missed out on something important, hoping for a break in the clouds at the last minute?  What was I hoping for?  

Maybe someone will come up with an amazing inspiring photo from western New York and find the literal silver lining.

I'm not a woman, but it almost has a miscarriage-like feel to it, a sense of loss where you know there are still other opportunities, and you don't know why it hurts so much.  

I feel like there's some meaning in it, but I also feel dumb for thinking there's some meaning to it.  Both at a macro level for whatever this movement is, but also at a micro personal level, as my home is also in today's zone of totality, and it is pretty close to where the eclipse conference took place. I thought about heading home from the conference early to watch the eclipse to beat the traffic, but didn't.

My house had clear skies and a perfect view of the entire eclipse.  Cue the Curb Your Enthusiasm music.

Why is this such a big deal to me? It doesn't make sense.

For those at today's conference, am I the only one?

3 comments:

Brian Zang said...

My perineum is thoroughly unenriched. But it was nice to be with friends.

Edwin said...

I don't think it's just you. My recollection is that multiple people commented to me how odd it was that we were kept from seeing this celestial event. I originally wondered if such a thing might happen as a protection from some power or curse. But after conversing with others, I suspect that the more accurate feeling that I have is that the curtain which remained shut so as to keep our eyes from bearing witness to this celestial event, is a sign of disfavor from the Creator.

TBM said...

That's kind of where I am Edwin.